A 35-year-old pregnant woman presents to the emergency department with progressive dyspnea and palpitations that have worsened during the last 3 weeks.
Certain risk scores may not be reliable for predicting the presence of a pulmonary embolism in pregnant or postpartum women.
Surgical left atrial appendage occlusion is associated with a lower risk for thromboembolism-related hospital readmission in older patients with atrial fibrillation who undergo cardiac surgery.
Patients diagnosed with an intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism may be able to start oral anticoagulation therapy after completing 72 hours of heparin therapy during hospitalization.
Catheter-directed thrombolysis vs systemic thrombolysis strategies show different risk outcomes for patients with intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism.
Several clinical predictors of pediatric pulmonary embolism have been identified.
Antithrombotic Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation and Valvular Heart Disease: New Joint Consensus Statement
A new consensus statement provides updated guidelines for antithrombotic therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation associated with valvular heart disease.
The 10 mg dose of rivaroxaban substantially lowered the risk for recurrent venous thromboembolism.
Watching television frequently is independently associated with an increased risk for venous thromboembolism.
Researchers analyzed 3-year outcomes in patients implanted with bioresorbable vascular scaffolds for the treatment of coronary lesions.
Patients with saddle and nonsaddle pulmonary embolism have similar short-term outcomes, despite more serious symptoms being present in saddle pulmonary embolism.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires