The latest in cardiology therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Representation of women is low for cardiovascular disease clinical trials in certain conditions.
Nebulized glycopyrrolate improves lung function and patient-reported outcomes in patients with moderate to very severe COPD.
Idarucizumab can effectively reverse the anticoagulant effect of dabigatran.
Low-dose levosimendan in addition to standard care did not result in lower 30-day mortality compared with placebo in patients requiring hemodynamic support post-cardiac surgery.
A positive phase 3 study showed that patients treated with LJPC-501 were likely to achieve pre-specified blood pressure targets vs placebo.
Mexiletine significantly reduced life-threatening arrhythmic events in long QT syndrome type 3 patients.
Acute kidney injury occurred in 20.8% of the atorvastatin group and 19.5% of the placebo group, indicating that initiating perioperative statin therapy does not prevent AKI following cardiac surgery.
Researchers found that when oral beta-blockers were administered less than 24 hours after hospital admission, in-hospitality mortality and severe left ventricular dysfunction were both reduced.
N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid use is associated with reduced risk of all-cause mortality and recurrent acute myocardial infarction.
Black patients may be less response to antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors than white patients.
Recent trials have shown that cryoballoon catheter ablation has demonstrated success in treating atrial fibrillation among 74% of patients, presenting an alternative to traditional radiofrequency ablation.
Intended to reduce risk of cardiovascular death and heart failure-related hospitalization, the FDA has approved Entresto.
Self-reported quality-of-movement scores improved among patients who underwent home-based constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) compared with those receiving standard care.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Concomitant NSAID and Anticoagulant Use May Increase Stroke, Bleeding Risk in Afib
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- USPSTF Does Not Recommend Afib Screening in Asymptomatic Patients
- American Heart Association Urges Screen Time Limits for Youth
- Pulmonary-Systemic Pulse Pressure Ratio Linked to PH Mortality
- Thromboembolic Disorder Treatments: Without DVT/PE
- Apixaban Lowers Bleeding Risk in Afib With End-Stage Kidney Disease
- Tricuspid Regurgitation Velocity Unreliable Indicator of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart Failure Risk Increased When Sleep Apnea Not Managed With CPAP
- Thromboembolic Disorder Treatments: DVT/PE
- Perspectives on USPSTF Afib Screening Recommendation
- Generic Version of Adcirca Now Available for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Exercise Benefits for Myocardial Infarction Not Reduced by Traffic Pollutants
- Orenitram Decreased Risk of Morbidity/Mortality Event in PAH Trial
- Healthy Lifestyle With Diabetes Reduces Cardiovascular Risk