The latest in cardiology therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Representation of women is low for cardiovascular disease clinical trials in certain conditions.
Nebulized glycopyrrolate improves lung function and patient-reported outcomes in patients with moderate to very severe COPD.
Idarucizumab can effectively reverse the anticoagulant effect of dabigatran.
Low-dose levosimendan in addition to standard care did not result in lower 30-day mortality compared with placebo in patients requiring hemodynamic support post-cardiac surgery.
A positive phase 3 study showed that patients treated with LJPC-501 were likely to achieve pre-specified blood pressure targets vs placebo.
Mexiletine significantly reduced life-threatening arrhythmic events in long QT syndrome type 3 patients.
Acute kidney injury occurred in 20.8% of the atorvastatin group and 19.5% of the placebo group, indicating that initiating perioperative statin therapy does not prevent AKI following cardiac surgery.
Researchers found that when oral beta-blockers were administered less than 24 hours after hospital admission, in-hospitality mortality and severe left ventricular dysfunction were both reduced.
N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid use is associated with reduced risk of all-cause mortality and recurrent acute myocardial infarction.
Black patients may be less response to antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors than white patients.
Recent trials have shown that cryoballoon catheter ablation has demonstrated success in treating atrial fibrillation among 74% of patients, presenting an alternative to traditional radiofrequency ablation.
Intended to reduce risk of cardiovascular death and heart failure-related hospitalization, the FDA has approved Entresto.
Self-reported quality-of-movement scores improved among patients who underwent home-based constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) compared with those receiving standard care.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Class 1 Device Recall: Endologix AFX Device Recalled Due to Type III Endoleaks
- Harvard: Fraudulent Data Found in Publications of Heart Researcher
- Traumatic Life Events May Increase Risk for Atrial Fibrillation in Older Women
- No Differences Between Bivalirudin, UFH Post-PCI After Ticagrelor Pretreatment
- Rivaroxaban Approved to Reduce Risk of Major Cardiovascular Events in CAD, PAD
- Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation May Reduce Statin-Induced Myopathy
- Long-Term Exposure to Elevated BP Associated With AS and AR
- Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in the South Asian Population
- Takotsubo Syndrome Associated With Substantial Morbidity, Mortality
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Metformin May Improve Vascular Health in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- Improved Cardiovascular Event Reporting Needed in Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Psoriasis Associated With Clinical Signs of Accelerated Atherosclerosis
- Can Dermatoscope Magnets Be Used With CV Implanted Electronic Devices?
- The Striking Effects of Diversity in Health Care: Improving Patient Outcomes