The latest in cardiology therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Nebulized glycopyrrolate improves lung function and patient-reported outcomes in patients with moderate to very severe COPD.
Idarucizumab can effectively reverse the anticoagulant effect of dabigatran.
Low-dose levosimendan in addition to standard care did not result in lower 30-day mortality compared with placebo in patients requiring hemodynamic support post-cardiac surgery.
A positive phase 3 study showed that patients treated with LJPC-501 were likely to achieve pre-specified blood pressure targets vs placebo.
Mexiletine significantly reduced life-threatening arrhythmic events in long QT syndrome type 3 patients.
Acute kidney injury occurred in 20.8% of the atorvastatin group and 19.5% of the placebo group, indicating that initiating perioperative statin therapy does not prevent AKI following cardiac surgery.
Researchers found that when oral beta-blockers were administered less than 24 hours after hospital admission, in-hospitality mortality and severe left ventricular dysfunction were both reduced.
N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid use is associated with reduced risk of all-cause mortality and recurrent acute myocardial infarction.
Black patients may be less response to antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors than white patients.
Recent trials have shown that cryoballoon catheter ablation has demonstrated success in treating atrial fibrillation among 74% of patients, presenting an alternative to traditional radiofrequency ablation.
Intended to reduce risk of cardiovascular death and heart failure-related hospitalization, the FDA has approved Entresto.
Self-reported quality-of-movement scores improved among patients who underwent home-based constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) compared with those receiving standard care.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires