Sudden Cardiac Death
Most sudden cardiac deaths of teen soccer players were due to cardiomyopathies not identified during screening.
For this study, researchers searched multiple databases for studies in which the effectiveness of various pharmacologic interventions were evaluated in patients with HFrEF.
In a recent study, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators treated sustained ventricular arrhythmias, including shocks and antitachycardia.
Children and young adults with diabetes mellitus have a fivefold increased risk of all-cause mortality and a sevenfold increased risk of sudden cardiac death compared with age-matched individuals without diabetes mellitus.
The ACC, AHA and HRS have released updated guidelines for the management of adults who have ventricular arrhythmias.
Sudden death is the most common category of cardiovascular mortality among patients with type 2 diabetes and atherosclerotic CVD.
Fragmented QRS complex may predict risk of exercise-related sudden cardiac death.
All arrhythmic episodes were successfully converted, and no deaths were reported.
The annual risk of sudden cardiac death/ventricular arrhythmias was higher in patients with atrial fibrillation vs patients without atrial fibrillation.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- AHA/ACC: Updated Management Guidelines for Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- American Heart Association Urges Screen Time Limits for Youth
- Patient Connectivity Benefits Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome
- Genetic Screening in Preventive Care: Advances and Challenges
- Exercise Benefits for Myocardial Infarction Not Reduced by Traffic Pollutants
- Apixaban Lowers Bleeding Risk in Afib With End-Stage Kidney Disease
- Tricuspid Regurgitation Velocity Unreliable Indicator of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Supplementing Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Therapy With Nutritional Changes
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Concomitant NSAID and Anticoagulant Use May Increase Stroke, Bleeding Risk in Afib
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- E-Cigarette Vapor Condensate Toxic to Alveolar Macrophages
- Death Risk Not Increased in T2DM When Risk Factors Within Target
- AHA Issues Scientific Statement on Managing Chagas Cardiomyopathy