Sudden Cardiac Death
In a recent study, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators treated sustained ventricular arrhythmias, including shocks and antitachycardia.
Children and young adults with diabetes mellitus have a fivefold increased risk of all-cause mortality and a sevenfold increased risk of sudden cardiac death compared with age-matched individuals without diabetes mellitus.
The ACC, AHA and HRS have released updated guidelines for the management of adults who have ventricular arrhythmias.
Sudden death is the most common category of cardiovascular mortality among patients with type 2 diabetes and atherosclerotic CVD.
Fragmented QRS complex may predict risk of exercise-related sudden cardiac death.
All arrhythmic episodes were successfully converted, and no deaths were reported.
The annual risk of sudden cardiac death/ventricular arrhythmias was higher in patients with atrial fibrillation vs patients without atrial fibrillation.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires