Administering influenza vaccines through pharmacies in addition to traditional locations can increase vaccination coverage in the event of an epidemic.
Overall, 78.4% of health care workers reported having received an influenza vaccination during the 2017-18 season
Preventable cardiovascular events place a considerable health and economic burden on the United States.
Wide variations in influenza vaccine coverage have been noted across healthcare personnel based on occupation and worksite.
Wearing a cardioverter-defibrillator does not reduce arrhythmic death in patients with acute myocardial infarction and an ejection fraction of 35% or less.
Patients initiating diclofenac may have an increased risk for cardiovascular events compared with individuals using paracetamol, other traditional nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), or those not taking NSAIDs.
CVD risk factors remain prevalent despite known, proven strategies to reduce risk.
Screening for cardiovascular disease risk is recommended for clinicians who manage patients with bipolar disorder.
Lorcaserin facilitates sustained weight loss without increasing the rate of major cardiovascular events among overweight or obese patients.
Many countries are falling short on targets to reduce mortality from non-communicable diseases.
Exposure to abacavir is associated with an increased risk for cardiovascular disease in individuals infected with HIV.
Optimization of cardiovascular health metrics associated with better cerebrovascular structure and function in young adultsSeptember 21, 2018
In this cross-sectional study, young adults with a greater number of modifiable cardiovascular (CV) risk factors at recommended levels was associated with higher cerebral vessel density and caliber and higher cerebral blood flow.
Genetic testing should become the standard of care for patients with definite or probable familial hypercholesterolemia.
Rivaroxaban does not lower risk of symptomatic venous thromboembolism and related death in medical patients after hospital discharge, compared to placebo.
The intent of the document is to help reduce heparin product overdose errors caused by misinterpretation of the drug strength displayed in the labeling.
Individual antiretroviral medications have been linked with changes in cardiac structure in youths with perinatally acquired HIV.
The use of aspirin in healthy elderly patients as a preventative strategy was associated with no prolongation of long-term disability-free survival compared with placebo.
The Cardiovascular Disease Population Risk Tool algorithm, which includes 12 variables, can discriminate cardiovascular disease risk.
The sBLA is supported by data from the Phase 3 ODYSSEY OUTCOMES trial which included 18,924 patients who had experienced an acute coronary syndrome (ACS) in the previous 12 months.
The KardiaK Platform works through a deep neural network trained to detect hyperkalemia based on data from electrocardiograms (ECG) similar to those captured by the Company's KardiaMobile and KardiaBand devices.
Current biologic use was associated with a reduction in major cardiovascular events in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
Increased risk of cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease with exposure to arsenic, lead, cadmium, and copper.
Racial/ethnic differences were seen in the association of aldosterone with incident type 2 diabetes.
Cardiovascular risk within 30 days of therapy start was approximately 2-fold higher with the incident use of tiotropium in COPD.
No benefit in healthy elderly patients; the protective effect is limited to those with type 2 diabetes aged 75 to 84 years.
To investigate the cardiovascular risks associated with diclofenac, researchers conducted a series of cohort studies mimicking the design criteria of a clinical trial.
Seasonal patterns of relative search volumes were seen for queries relating to cardiovascular disease.
Increase in mortality when carbohydrates were exchanged for animal-derived fat or protein.
Hippocampal calcifications were associated with diabetes and smoking in patients visiting a memory clinic.
Changing to oral antibiotics was noninferior to continued intravenous antibiotic treatment in left-sided endocarditis.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Class 1 Device Recall: Endologix AFX Device Recalled Due to Type III Endoleaks
- Harvard: Fraudulent Data Found in Publications of Heart Researcher
- Traumatic Life Events May Increase Risk for Atrial Fibrillation in Older Women
- No Differences Between Bivalirudin, UFH Post-PCI After Ticagrelor Pretreatment
- Rivaroxaban Approved to Reduce Risk of Major Cardiovascular Events in CAD, PAD
- Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation May Reduce Statin-Induced Myopathy
- Long-Term Exposure to Elevated BP Associated With AS and AR
- Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in the South Asian Population
- Takotsubo Syndrome Associated With Substantial Morbidity, Mortality
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Metformin May Improve Vascular Health in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- Improved Cardiovascular Event Reporting Needed in Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Psoriasis Associated With Clinical Signs of Accelerated Atherosclerosis
- Can Dermatoscope Magnets Be Used With CV Implanted Electronic Devices?
- The Striking Effects of Diversity in Health Care: Improving Patient Outcomes