Implantable cardioverter defibrillator placement in patients with chronic kidney disease was associated with increased risk for heart failure-related and any-cause hospitalization.
A 67-year-old man presents with shortness of breath since the Sonoma-Napa wildfires but otherwise feels well.
Greater perceived harm from e-cigarettes lessened the likelihood that teens would use them.
Congenital heart disease is associated with increased risk for dementia in adults.
Certain risk scores may not be reliable for predicting the presence of a pulmonary embolism in pregnant or postpartum women.
Preoperatively diagnosed patent foramen ovale is associated with increased risk for perioperative ischemic stroke in adults undergoing noncardiac surgery.
Risk of developing type 2 diabetes is associated with subtle elevations of glucose and lipids more than 20 years before diagnosis.
Postmenopausal women who breastfed more children, or breastfed for a longer duration, have a lower risk for hypertension.
Positive emotions and low levels of depression after a CVD event are associated with low risk for mortality.
Myocardial infarction and coronary heart disease may be predicted by multibiomarker disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Care quality for patients with transient ischemic attack or minor stroke varies substantially across elements of care and facilities.
Use of sodium-glucose cotransporter inhibitors resulted in significant reductions in hemoglobin A1c, fasting blood glucose, and body weight.
Distance from cardiac catheterization center independently predicts survival in ACS with cardiogenic shock.
Increasing coronary artery calcium correlated with increased CVD events, whereas increasing cardiorespiratory fitness tended to correlate with decreased CVD events.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes treated with abatacept may have a lower risk for myocardial infarction, stroke/transient ischemic attack, and coronary revascularization compared with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors.
Supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids is not associated with fatal or nonfatal coronary heart disease or major vascular events.
Adherence to the Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay diet is associated with a slower rate of cognitive decline in stroke survivors.
Aegis Sciences announced the launch of KardiAssure, a first-of-its-kind urinalysis to help healthcare providers track cardiovascular medication adherence in their patients.
Migraine was associated with elevated risks of myocardial infarction, stroke (ischemic and hemorrhagic), venous thromboembolism, and atrial fibrillation or flutter.
Compared with nonsmokers, smokers believe the mild and severe adverse consequences of smoking will take a longer time to develop.
Influenza was associated with an increased risk for myocardial infarction.
The pooled relative risk for coronary heart disease was 1.48 and 2.04, respectively, for smoking 1 and 20 cigarettes per day.
Supervised aerobic and resistance exercise may improve metabolic syndrome in overweight and obese survivors of breast cancer.
Having a pharmacist at bedside during acute ischemic stroke is associated with significantly shorter door-to-needle times.
The evidence examining associations between marijuana use and cardiovascular risk factors and outcomes is limited.
Acute kidney injury is a risk factor for post-discharge hypoglycemia for hospitalized patients with diabetes.
Bariatric surgery is associated with lower risks of obesity-related comorbidities but a clinically important increased risk for complications compared with medical treatment.
Overall, 29.2% of veterans reported current use of 1 of 5 tobacco products.
High levels of agreement between statin eligibility found between several guidelines included in this study. Statins remain an important therapy to help reduce the number of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) events.
Worry about deportation is significantly tied to higher levels of known cardiovascular risk factors.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires