Hospital adherence to heart failure guidelines might be the best quality measure.
Aegis Sciences announced the launch of KardiAssure, a first-of-its-kind urinalysis to help healthcare providers track cardiovascular medication adherence in their patients.
A consultation model that facilitates person-centered diabetes care results in more patient involvement.
Americans younger than 65 who were insured through their employer spent more than ever before on health care in 2016.
A 24-hour primary care clinic with multiple doctors offering round-the-clock care would actualize better and more sustainable care.
The 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines for managing high blood pressure modify hypertension definitions and goals.
Telemedicine cuts emergency department door-to-provider time in rural hospitals.
Worry about deportation is significantly tied to higher levels of known cardiovascular risk factors.
The AMA is offering a 3-hour online nutrition course for physicians to help patients make the nutritional changes they need to prevent and help treat heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
The American College of Cardiology released a decision pathway addressing 10 pivotal issues in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.
Medicare expenditure growth is linked to reduced 180-day case fatality in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.
Defensive medicine is known as a practice of recommending tests or treatments for the purpose of avoiding or mitigating litigation.
A clinician examines wearable fitness technology's effect on weight loss and other markers of health.
Frequent discrepancies were found between electronic discharge summaries and discharge prescriptions at a regional hospital.
Patient satisfaction was measured in terms of clinician denial vs fulfillment for referrals, pain medications, antibiotics, other new medications, laboratory tests, radiology tests, or other tests.
Clinical researchers become targets of legal action from pharmaceutical, medical device and nutraceutical companies when publishing unfavorable studies.
Evaluating the accuracy of electrocardiogram results by computerized decision support systems.
Gender bias within cardiologists explains gender differences in clinical decision-making for suspected CAD.
Evaluating the streetlight effect behavior within clinical research.
Patient Evidence vs Patient Rights: What Clinicians Need to Know About Complying With Law EnforcementDecember 27, 2017
Healthcare professionals must know applicable law and policies when complying with law enforcement demands for patient evidence.
There are new rules and regulations to be followed when conducting clinical research in 2018.
Vaccines are known to prevent disease in infants and children, however it is less obvious how important they are in adults.
Current evidence is inadequate to assess benefits and harms of ECG screening for atrial fibrillation.
Clinicians must report on at least one patient and one measure by December 31 in order to avoid a Medicare payment penalty.
Uninsurance, underinsurance, Medicaid, private insurance, and geographical access all contribute to healthcare inequality in the United States.
A cardiologist argues tackling the larger problems that plague the US healthcare system before cutting physician salaries.
Almost 30% of eligible practices failed to register and report data in the first year of the Physician Value-Based Payment Modifier program.
Integrating pharmacists into medical home practices helps patients with better disease management for hypertension and diabetes.
In patients with atrial fibrillation, in-hospital mortality is higher in rural hospitals vs urban hospitals.
Medical societies are urging Congress to enforce the preservation of part B therapy access.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires