Practice Management Latest Features Archive
Evaluating the streetlight effect behavior within clinical research.
There are new rules and regulations to be followed when conducting clinical research in 2018.
Vaccines are known to prevent disease in infants and children, however it is less obvious how important they are in adults.
Uninsurance, underinsurance, Medicaid, private insurance, and geographical access all contribute to healthcare inequality in the United States.
An overview of cardiac rehabilitation use plus interviews with Monica Mukherjee, MD, MPH, FACC, FASE and with Jonathan Ledyard, MS, RCEP.
Accountable Care Organizations are taking more responsibility for healthcare management, record keeping, and payments.
The link between non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and risk for myocardial infarction has been found.
After the House of Representatives passed the American Health Care Act on May 4th, the true impact and cost of the plan remains unknown.
The repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act has stirred concern with a number of national health initiatives.
An interview with Elise Barney, DO on sexism in the medical workplace.
Two new bills for the reform of existing medical liability laws have been brought to the United States Congress.
Medical malpractice expert Michelle Mello, JD, PhD, talks malpractice reform in a changing political landscape.
Health organizations like WHO, FDA, and NIH have raised ethical challenges about the way clinical trial data is reported.
Widespread challenges make it difficult to provide optimal health care for all people using Mediciad.
In cases of serious HIPAA breaches, corrective action plans often accompany hefty fines levied by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Despite being a relatively new concept in the US, informed consent of study participants in medical research is ethically essential.
Coronary angiography and revascularization use prior to noncardiac surgery continues to be debated.
The FDA has released draft guidance documents for appropriate marketing communication on medical products and devices.
In 2016, the Department of Health and Human Services made settlements with providers that violated a HIPAA policy to create business associate agreements.
Current medical education practices may be contributing to poor mental health of future physicians.
President-elect Trump has stated support for insurance sales across state lines, turning Medicaid into a block-grant program, and protecting individuals with preexisting conditions, among other Republican party proposals.
An expert Q&A with Valora S. Gurganious, MBA, CHBC, on how physicians can maximize revenue and stay ahead of payors' attempts to cut reimbursement.
Researchers compared developmental milestone ratings to a nondevelopmental rating scale for internal medicine residents using the pre-2015 RAES.
As a result of patient access to electronic health records, a 2015 review found improvements in disease self-management, fewer office visits, and an increase in preventative medicine.
According to the first round of HIPAA audits, more than half of the providers failed to complete a risk assessment--a main tenet of HIPAA.
Artificial intelligence has many potential applications in medicine, but there are delays in implementation.
Patients with cardiovascular disease are 3 times more likely to develop depression, which makes psychosocial health monitoring essential.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Does Pre-Existing PH Affect Outcomes in Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair?
- How Has the Medicaid Expansion Affected Patients Hospitalized With Acute MI?
- Macitentan Not Superior to Placebo for Improving Exercise Capacity in Eisenmenger Syndrome
- Occupational Metal, Pesticide Exposure May Be Associated With Increased CVD Risk
- FDA to Review Tafamidis for Treatment of Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy
- ASH Develops Practice Guidelines for Venous Thromboembolism
- Tetralogy of Fallot: Long-Term Outcomes After Surgical Repair
- Stethoscopes in ICU Show High Levels of Bacterial Contamination
- Catheter Ablation Superior to Drug Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation in Heart Failure
- Trends in Endocarditis Incidence After Implementation of 2007 AHA Recommendations
- Researchers Identify Golden Ratio Between Pulmonary Pressure Components in PAH
- FDA: Potential Increased Mortality With Paclitaxel-Coated Balloons, Stents for PAD
- Inhaled Dry Powder Formulation of Treprostinil Well Tolerated in PAH
- Elevated Myocardial T1 Associated With Increased Septal Angle in PAH
- Pulmonary Hypertension Intensive Care Options Depend on Treatment Goals