Latest Opinion Articles
A clinician examines wearable fitness technology's effect on weight loss and other markers of health.
A cardiologist argues tackling the larger problems that plague the US healthcare system before cutting physician salaries.
For patients with cardiovascular disease, natural disasters can pose serious health dangers.
A cardiologist contemplates on the value that preoperative "clearance" brings to patients and their surgeons.
One clinician proposes that pharmaceutical companies turn their attention to developing a compassion pill for physicians.
Data measured by wearable fitness trackers may not be as accurate as possible.
Learn about Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, more commonly known as broken heart syndrome, with D. Douglas Miller, MD.
Katherine A. Roberts, MD, FACE, ECNU, discusses her experience with opting out of Medicare and offers advice to physicians considering doing the same.
Vinod Thourani, MD, of Emory University, offers his insight into various TAVR clinical practices.
While glyburide did not demonstrate efficacy in the primary end point, differences were seen in the amount of midline shift at 3-4 days.
Advisory board member, Ileana L. Piña, MD, shares her perspectives on the current state of heart failure, particularly treatment gaps between the genders.
Stroke is very important medical comorbidity of HIV that should receive more research and clinical focus.
Dr Bairey Merz discusses the current state and future of women's cardiovascular health.
Interventional stroke treatment, including intra-arterial procedures, rapidly evolves as health care providers implement new protocols to ensure more effective treatment.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires