The use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in patients with arthritis may pose a significant cardiovascular risk.
New research suggests that drones can be used to quickly deliver defibrillators in sudden cardiac arrest emergencies.
An increase in systolic blood pressure was found in individuals living in racial segregated neighborhoods.
Highlights from the 2017 American College of Cardiology Scientific Session & Expo.
Restarting oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation after an intracranial hemorrhage may improve outcomes.
Both cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy strategies reduced unncessary angiography rates compared with NICE guidelines.
Overall, 92.7% of patients assigned to alirocumab were able to cut their use of lipoprotein apheresis by at least half.
A "walkability index" was assigned to each neighborhood.
W. Frank Peacock, IV, MD, discusses the risk of major bleeding among patients with atrial fibrillation and diabetes who are receiving rivaroxaban.
A review of the microbes implicated in myocarditis, including parvovirus B19, human herpes 6 virus, coxsackie B virus, Corynebacterium diptheriae, ...
From eating to drinking to being merry, the holiday season poses numerous challenges for people with diabetes.
A round-up of the most viewed articles on Cardiology Advisor in 2016.
Patients with ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder, have an increased of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality.
A step-by-step guide to treating hypercholesterolemia.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Should Guidelines Use Higher Risk Thresholds When Recommending Statins for Primary CVD Prevention?
- Ezetimibe Plus Statins Modestly Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Event Risk
- ACC, AHA Publish Appropriate Use Criteria Guidelines for Peripheral Artery Intervention
- FDA: E-Liquids Found to Contain Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Ultrasound-Based Visualization of Silent Atherosclerosis May Improve Medication Adherence
- ACC Releases Consensus Decision Pathway for CVD Risk Reduction in T2D and ASCVD
- Childhood Behavioral Interventions May Promote Adult Cardiovascular Health
- US Medical Schools Increase in Diversity After Implementation of Accreditation Standards
- Botox Injections Explored to Reduce Postop AF in Cardiac Surgery
- AHA Scientific Statement: Low Risk of Side Effects With Statins
- Do More Aggressive Periprocedural Antibiotic Regimens Reduce Risk of Device-Related Infections?
- Adherence and Intensity of Lipid-Lowering Therapy Influence CV Risk
- Challenges in Weighing Costs, Therapeutic Benefits of Expensive Pharmaceuticals
- Sustained Systolic Blood Pressure Reductions With Barbershop Intervention
- Stethoscopes in ICU Show High Levels of Bacterial Contamination