The use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in patients with arthritis may pose a significant cardiovascular risk.
New research suggests that drones can be used to quickly deliver defibrillators in sudden cardiac arrest emergencies.
An increase in systolic blood pressure was found in individuals living in racial segregated neighborhoods.
Highlights from the 2017 American College of Cardiology Scientific Session & Expo.
Restarting oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation after an intracranial hemorrhage may improve outcomes.
Both cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy strategies reduced unncessary angiography rates compared with NICE guidelines.
Overall, 92.7% of patients assigned to alirocumab were able to cut their use of lipoprotein apheresis by at least half.
A "walkability index" was assigned to each neighborhood.
W. Frank Peacock, IV, MD, discusses the risk of major bleeding among patients with atrial fibrillation and diabetes who are receiving rivaroxaban.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires