Positive Serologic Test for Helicobacter pylori
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
For gastric ulcer:
Endoscopy to visualize the ulcer; biopsy of the lesion is recommended to determine if patient has gastric adenocarcinoma.
Rapid urease test of biopsy material (CLO test) verifies the presence of active infection.
For duodenal ulcer disease:
Urea breath test is a sensitive and specific test for detection of active infection without the use of biopsy in patients with uncomplicated duodenal ulcer.
If a biopsy is performed, the CLO test, if positive, verifies the presence of active infection.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Manual Chest Compressions Superior to Mechanical Alternative for Cardiac Arrest
- Predictors of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Quality of Life Outcomes
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support
- Several Risk Factors More Strongly Linked to MI in Women
- Teva Recalls Additional Blood Pressure Medications
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- ACC Releases Consensus Decision Pathway for CVD Risk Reduction in T2D and ASCVD
- Childhood Behavioral Interventions May Promote Adult Cardiovascular Health
- Icosapent Ethyl Reduces Ischemic Event Risk in Patients With Hypertriglyceridemia Despite Statin Use
- Elevated Troponin Levels Found in Marathon Runners After Endurance Competitions
- Do Hospitals With High Ratings for Cardiovascular Care Have Improved Outcomes?
- Long-Term Clinical Outcomes of Statin Therapy Post-PCI in Absence of Dyslipidemia
- Smartphone App Uses Fingernail Bed Images to Detect Anemia
- Metabolically Healthy Obese Children at Higher Risk for CVD
- First-in-Human Telerobotic Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Successful