A 35-year-old pregnant woman presents to the emergency department with progressive dyspnea and palpitations that have worsened during the last 3 weeks.
The FDA has released draft guidance documents for appropriate marketing communication on medical products and devices.
Learn about the comprehensive management of rheumatic heart disease with Jack Boyd, MD, clinical assistant professor of cardiothoracic surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
While mortality rates were similar between percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass grafting in both EXCEL and NOBLE trials, the risk of major cardiovascular events was higher in PCI in NOBLE.
Experts say bioresorbable stents are "a few generations away" from being standard of care in interventional cardiology.
A composite end point of death, heart failure, new myocardial infarction, and revascularization was similar between the deferred stenting group and the conventional treatment group.
An overview of the groundbreaking technology that has shaped interventional cardiology.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement continues to evolve as a treatment for patients with symptomatic severe aortic stenosis, as well as for younger, lower-risk patients.
The class I recall is being initiated because of incorrect assembly leading to catheter tube (lumens) reversal.
Investigators reviewed past studies to find evidence that P2Y12 inhibitors effectively improve migraine headache symptoms.
Results from the CONSERVE trial support the use of CCTA as a front-line diagnostic procedure in low-risk patients being evaluated for stable CAD.
Having atrial fibrillation, using home oxygen, having severe lung disease, or having a permanent pacemaker were predictive of lower health status after transcatheter mitral valve repair.
While wearable technology can provide substantial patient benefit, these devices carry significant privacy and security risks.
Coronary computed tomography angiography is a reliable tool to assess long-term cardiovascular risk in suspected CCS.
Single-stage complete coronary revascularization appears to be superior to culprit-only lesion intervention in multivessel disease ACS.
The safety risk of dermatoscope magnets in patients with cardiovascular implanted electronic devices was examined.
There is no difference between heparin and bivalirudin in terms of platelet aggregation or coagulation markers after pretreatment with ticagrelor in patients undergoing PPCI.
Same day hospital discharge has the potential increase the overall value of PCI care and save US hospitals approximately $577 million if implemented more consistently.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Statins in Patients Older Than 75: A Meta-Analysis of 28 Controlled Trials
- Infection and Infarction: Cause and Effect?
- Open Surgical Repair of Descending Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms Linked to Early Postoperative Mortality
- Emergency Department Barthel Index Score Predicts Heart Failure Mortality
- Reversal Agent Reduces Severe Bleeding With Factor Xa Inhibitors
- Societies Release Updated Guidelines for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation
- FDA: Unauthorized INR Test Strips Part of Large Recall
- Does Rivaroxaban Plus Aspirin Prevent Early Coronary Bypass Graft Occlusion?
- Banding Together: How Some Physicians Are Fighting the MOC Program
- Swan-Ganz Thermodilution Catheters Recalled Due to Lumen Reversal
- Machine Learning Algorithm May Guide Therapy in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Linagliptin Non-Inferior to Glimepiride in Long-Term CV Outcome Study
- No Association Between LDL Cholesterol Levels and Risk for Sepsis
- PAH Therapy Guidelines Updated by CHEST Expert Panel
- Protecting Patient Privacy: HIPAA Compliance in the Electronic Age