A 35-year-old pregnant woman presents to the emergency department with progressive dyspnea and palpitations that have worsened during the last 3 weeks.
The FDA has released draft guidance documents for appropriate marketing communication on medical products and devices.
Learn about the comprehensive management of rheumatic heart disease with Jack Boyd, MD, clinical assistant professor of cardiothoracic surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
While mortality rates were similar between percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass grafting in both EXCEL and NOBLE trials, the risk of major cardiovascular events was higher in PCI in NOBLE.
Experts say bioresorbable stents are "a few generations away" from being standard of care in interventional cardiology.
A composite end point of death, heart failure, new myocardial infarction, and revascularization was similar between the deferred stenting group and the conventional treatment group.
An overview of the groundbreaking technology that has shaped interventional cardiology.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement continues to evolve as a treatment for patients with symptomatic severe aortic stenosis, as well as for younger, lower-risk patients.
Having atrial fibrillation, using home oxygen, having severe lung disease, or having a permanent pacemaker were predictive of lower health status after transcatheter mitral valve repair.
While wearable technology can provide substantial patient benefit, these devices carry significant privacy and security risks.
Coronary computed tomography angiography is a reliable tool to assess long-term cardiovascular risk in suspected CCS.
Single-stage complete coronary revascularization appears to be superior to culprit-only lesion intervention in multivessel disease ACS.
The safety risk of dermatoscope magnets in patients with cardiovascular implanted electronic devices was examined.
There is no difference between heparin and bivalirudin in terms of platelet aggregation or coagulation markers after pretreatment with ticagrelor in patients undergoing PPCI.
Same day hospital discharge has the potential increase the overall value of PCI care and save US hospitals approximately $577 million if implemented more consistently.
Patients implanted with leadless pacemakers had fewer complications in both short- and midterm events compared with patients who received transvenous pacemakers.
The Eluvia stent is designed to release paclitaxel for a 1-year time frame to prevent tissue regrowth that might otherwise block the stented artery.
HbA1c levels following left ventricular assist device implantation were statistically significantly lower than before surgery.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Should Guidelines Use Higher Risk Thresholds When Recommending Statins for Primary CVD Prevention?
- Ezetimibe Plus Statins Modestly Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Event Risk
- ACC, AHA Publish Appropriate Use Criteria Guidelines for Peripheral Artery Intervention
- Ultrasound-Based Visualization of Silent Atherosclerosis May Improve Medication Adherence
- FDA: E-Liquids Found to Contain Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- ACC Releases Consensus Decision Pathway for CVD Risk Reduction in T2D and ASCVD
- Childhood Behavioral Interventions May Promote Adult Cardiovascular Health
- US Medical Schools Increase in Diversity After Implementation of Accreditation Standards
- Botox Injections Explored to Reduce Postop AF in Cardiac Surgery
- AHA Scientific Statement: Low Risk of Side Effects With Statins
- 2010 to 2014 Saw Increase in Anemia After Hospitalization
- Do More Aggressive Periprocedural Antibiotic Regimens Reduce Risk of Device-Related Infections?
- Adherence and Intensity of Lipid-Lowering Therapy Influence CV Risk
- Challenges in Weighing Costs, Therapeutic Benefits of Expensive Pharmaceuticals
- Sustained Systolic Blood Pressure Reductions With Barbershop Intervention