A patient presents with new-onset joint pain and is discovered to have a cardiac condition.
Patients with stable chest pain who have high-risk plaque as identified by coronary computed tomographic angiography may have a higher risk for MACE.
Guidelines for Point-of-Care Use of Transesophageal Echocardiography in Cardiac Arrest Resuscitation
Transesophageal echocardiography offers many clinical benefits in patients with cardiac arrest compared with transthoracic echocardiography.
When compared with other imaging modalities, positron emission tomography offers the greatest diagnostic accuracy for coronary artery disease.
An enhanced MRI detected myocardial macrophage activity within 2 weeks following an acute myocardial infarction.
Magnetic resonance imaging appears to be safe in patients with implantable cardiac devices and abandoned leads.
Cardiac magnetic resonance was superior to transthoracic echocardiogram in identifying a pathologic substrate in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
The effect of hypoglycemia on functional outcomes after endovascular thrombectomy differs, depending on collateral status.
Both iFR and FFR groups experienced similar rates of composite nonfatal myocardial infarction, unplanned revascularization, or all-cause death within 1 year post-procedure.
Cardiovascular disease risk in type 1 diabetes increased with the development of each additional major ECG abnormality.
High-risk patients experienced the same rate of contrast-induced nepropathy as patients who received usual care when guideline-recommended prophylactic hydration was not utilized, according to researchers.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires