A recent report published in The Journal of Emergency Medicine describes the case of a male patient who experienced HCTZ-induced pulmonary edema that was complicated by ARDS.
To aid in the prevention of preeclampsia, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the US Preventive Services Task Force recommend low-dose aspirin prophylaxis in patients with 1 or more high-risk factors.
Experts call on healthcare providers to diligently focus on hypertension as an important comorbid condition that is strongly associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes, including death.
Despite public perception that cannabis is "natural" and "safe," it has been implicated in many serious cardiovascular events, even in young, otherwise healthy people.
Antihypertensive use in the month prior to conception through the third month of pregnancy resulted in an increased risk for congenital heart defects.
How will hypertension therapy be altered by the new SPRINT and HOPE-3 trial results?
Clinicians, including 2 SPRINT investigators, share their perspectives on what the trial findings mean for hypertension treatment in clinical practice.
Guidelines for hypertension management during acute stroke are based on clinician experience.
Members of 2 remote Venezuelan tribes were found to have elevated blood pressure following exposure to Western culture.
Diuretic Regimen More Effectively Reduces CV Morbidity vs Telmisartan Combinations in Hypertension With Diabetes
Previous studies on the suitability of diuretics for patients with hypertension and diabetes reveal inconsistencies.
Meta-analysis suggests that calcium channel blockers can be effective in preventing peripheral arterial disease in patients with hypertension.
Combined treatment with pitavastatin and ezetimibe may be beneficial in patients with acute coronary syndrome and without hypertension for secondary prevention.
Sandoz announced a voluntary recall of 1 lot of Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets 100mg/25mg due to trace amounts of NDEA found in the API losartan.
Treatment of low-risk patients presenting with mild hypertension with antihypertensive medication should be done with caution.
The impurity was identified following laboratory testing conducted by the FDA; this is the first non-valsartan product that the Agency has found to contain NDEA.
To investigate the association between this commonly used antihypertensive class and lung cancer, researchers conducted a population based cohort study involving 992,061 patients from the United Kingdom Clinical Practice Research Datalink.
Discord among international, organizational blood pressure guidelines have led to confusion between physicians and patients alike.
In multivariable models, associations were observed between cardiovascular risk factors and cerebrovascular morphology, as well as white matter hyperintensity count.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Should Guidelines Use Higher Risk Thresholds When Recommending Statins for Primary CVD Prevention?
- Ezetimibe Plus Statins Modestly Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Event Risk
- ACC, AHA Publish Appropriate Use Criteria Guidelines for Peripheral Artery Intervention
- FDA: E-Liquids Found to Contain Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Ultrasound-Based Visualization of Silent Atherosclerosis May Improve Medication Adherence
- ACC Releases Consensus Decision Pathway for CVD Risk Reduction in T2D and ASCVD
- Childhood Behavioral Interventions May Promote Adult Cardiovascular Health
- US Medical Schools Increase in Diversity After Implementation of Accreditation Standards
- Botox Injections Explored to Reduce Postop AF in Cardiac Surgery
- AHA Scientific Statement: Low Risk of Side Effects With Statins
- Do More Aggressive Periprocedural Antibiotic Regimens Reduce Risk of Device-Related Infections?
- Adherence and Intensity of Lipid-Lowering Therapy Influence CV Risk
- Challenges in Weighing Costs, Therapeutic Benefits of Expensive Pharmaceuticals
- Sustained Systolic Blood Pressure Reductions With Barbershop Intervention
- Stethoscopes in ICU Show High Levels of Bacterial Contamination