Latest from ESC 2018
Coronary computed tomographic angiography was associated with a lower 5-year mortality rate in patients with stable chest pain.
Surgical and transcatheter aortic valve replacement had a similar risk for adverse outcomes in patients with severe aortic stenosis, regardless of whether or not the patients had prior cardiac surgery.
Rivaroxaban was not superior to placebo for reducing the rate of death, MI, or stroke in patients with chronic heart failure.
Tafamidis was associated with reduced all-cause mortality and cardiovascular-related complications in patients with transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy.
Mortality benefits from atorvastatin- and amlodipine-based antihypertensive treatments extend beyond 10 years of treatment.
Ticagrelor without aspirin offered no additional benefits compared with conventional dual antiplatelet therapy in patients undergoing PCI for either CAD or ACS.
Net adverse cardiac events occurred in 15.2% of patients with radial access and 17.2% with femoral access while undergoing invasive therapies for acute coronary syndrome.
There was a lower death rate from coronary heart disease and non-fatal MI at 5 years in patients with stable chest pain.
The new analysis included 19,134 of these patients and showed that there were 19% fewer deaths in patients initiated on NOACs compared to VKAs at the time of AF diagnosis.
For this double-blind, placebo-controlled study, researchers selected male patients ≥55 years and female patients ≥60 years with average cardiovascular risk and assigned them to enteric-coated aspirin 100mg (N=6270) or placebo (N=6276) once daily; the median follow-up time was 60 months.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA: Potential Increased Mortality With Paclitaxel-Coated Balloons, Stents for PAD
- Researchers Identify Golden Ratio Between Pulmonary Pressure Components in PAH
- Association Between Statins and Depression Likely Mediated by Confounding
- High-Density Lipoprotein Particle Subfractions Higher in HFrEF
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- ASH Develops Practice Guidelines for Venous Thromboembolism
- Tetralogy of Fallot: Long-Term Outcomes After Surgical Repair
- Cardiac Troponin Elevation Predicts Major Adverse Events Even Without Specific Diagnosis
- Catheter Ablation Superior to Drug Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation in Heart Failure
- Trends in Endocarditis Incidence After Implementation of 2007 AHA Recommendations
- Elevated RDW Associated With Pulmonary Hypertension, Heart Failure
- Self-Reported Weight Provides Prognostic Information for Future Heart Failure Risk
- aPL Antibodies Common in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
- Sex Differences Seen in Pursuit of Interventional Cardiology Career
- Examining Inefficiencies in US Medical Care