Ileana L. Piña, MD, MPH is the Associate Chief for Academic Affairs at the Montefiore Einstein Center for Heart and Vascular Care in Bronx, New York. Dr Piña is Professor of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology and Population Health. Dr Piña also serves as an advisor/consultant to the FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health. Dr Piña is also a member of Get With the Guidelines Scientific Committee and Heart Failure workgroup. Dr Piña is a national Spokesperson for Go Red for Women, and was on the writing committee of the new American Heart Association Guidelines for the Prevention of Heart Disease.
Elliot Brinton, MD, FAHA, FNLA is the President of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology. Dr Brinton is also the President of the Utah Atherosclerosis Society and Atherometabolism Institute and Director of Atherometabolic Research at the Utah Foundation for Biomedical Research. Dr Brinton has been recognized for his outstanding work in human lipoprotein metabolism research as the co-recipient of the 2012 Robert I. Levy Award from the Kinetics and Metabolism Society.
Vinod Thourani, MD, FACS, FACC is a Professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA. Dr Thourani also serves as Co-Director of the Structural Heart Valve Center of the Emory Heart and Vascular Center and Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Emory University Hospital Midtown. In addition, Dr Thourani serves as the Chair of the Education Committee, Publications Committee, and International Advisory Committee for the American Association for Thoracic Surgery. He is on the Board of Directors for the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery, and the Heart Valve Society. Dr Thourani is most recognized for his research in high-risk and minimally invasive valve surgery and also transcatheter aortic valve replacement, particularly the PARTNER clinical trials.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- The Mounting Evidence Against Electronic Cigarette Use
- Entresto Significantly Improves Physical, Social Activity in Heart Failure Patients
- Nonpsychotic Cannabinoids in Hypertension: Benefits and Harms
- ACC and AHA Release 2018 Quality Measures for Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Unique Vit B3 Formulation May Improve Blood Pressure, CV Health
- AHA: Assessment and Promotion of Physical Activity for CVD Prevention
- Benefits of Targeted Pharmacologic Therapy in PAH and Distal CTEPH
- Transcatheter vs Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in COPD
- Breathing New Life Into COPD and Asthma Therapy With Statins
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap