Ileana L. Piña, MD, MPH is the Associate Chief for Academic Affairs at the Montefiore Einstein Center for Heart and Vascular Care in Bronx, New York. Dr Piña is Professor of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology and Population Health. Dr Piña also serves as an advisor/consultant to the FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health. Dr Piña is also a member of Get With the Guidelines Scientific Committee and Heart Failure workgroup. Dr Piña is a national Spokesperson for Go Red for Women, and was on the writing committee of the new American Heart Association Guidelines for the Prevention of Heart Disease.
Elliot Brinton, MD, FAHA, FNLA is the President of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology. Dr Brinton is also the President of the Utah Atherosclerosis Society and Atherometabolism Institute and Director of Atherometabolic Research at the Utah Foundation for Biomedical Research. Dr Brinton has been recognized for his outstanding work in human lipoprotein metabolism research as the co-recipient of the 2012 Robert I. Levy Award from the Kinetics and Metabolism Society.
Vinod Thourani, MD, FACS, FACC is a Professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA. Dr Thourani also serves as Co-Director of the Structural Heart Valve Center of the Emory Heart and Vascular Center and Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Emory University Hospital Midtown. In addition, Dr Thourani serves as the Chair of the Education Committee, Publications Committee, and International Advisory Committee for the American Association for Thoracic Surgery. He is on the Board of Directors for the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery, and the Heart Valve Society. Dr Thourani is most recognized for his research in high-risk and minimally invasive valve surgery and also transcatheter aortic valve replacement, particularly the PARTNER clinical trials.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- A 45-Year-Old Man Presents to the ED With Shortness of Breath, Confusion
- A 56-Year-Old Man With Flu-Like Symptoms Presents With Palpitations
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Benefits From Both Antiplatelets and DOACs
- 6MWT Clinically Relevant and Appropriate Prognostic Tool for PAH
- Fear of E-Cigarette Harm Cuts Teenagers' Use
- Clopidogrel Tablets Recalled Due to Mislabeling
- Mandatory Screening for Congenital Heart Disease: Effects on Infant Mortality
- Short-Run Atrial Tachyarrhythmia Associated With Increased Stroke Risk
- Effects of High-Intensity Exercise Training in Previously Sedentary Adults
- ACC Releases Decision Pathway on Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Clinical Challenge: Upper Respiratory Infection 1 Year After Heart Transplant
- Use of Multiple Antihypertensive Agents Has Increased in Hospitalizations Complicated by Preeclampsia
- Targeting Underlying Conditions May Improve Sinus Rhythm in Atrial Fibrillation
- Metformin May Preserve Beta-Cell Function in T2DM
- A 67-Year-Old Man With Shortness of Breath After the Sonoma-Napa Wildfires