Latest from AHA 2018
Diuretic Regimen More Effectively Reduces CV Morbidity vs Telmisartan Combinations in Hypertension With Diabetes
Previous studies on the suitability of diuretics for patients with hypertension and diabetes reveal inconsistencies.
Coagulant activity was improved with the use of both anticoagulation and antihypertensive therapies in combination.
Women with ASCVD are at an increased risk for poor patient experience, lower health-related QOL, and inferior perception of their health compared with men.
Canakinumab significantly reduced the total number of CV events in patients with prior MI and residual inflammatory risk.
AKCEA-APO(a)-LRX is efficient and safe in patients with established cardiovascular disease and elevated levels of lipoprotein(a).
In patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting, no significant difference was found between endoscopic and open vein graft harvesting in terms of MACE risk.
Supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids did not result in a lower MACE incidence compared with placebo.
Mario F.L. Gaudino, MD, and colleagues evaluated whether calcium-channel blocker therapy influences clinical and angiographic outcomes of radial artery grafts used for coronary bypass surgery.
Dapagliflozin was not associated with either a higher or lower rate of MACE compared with placebo in patients with type 2 diabetes who had or were at risk for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
A sacubitril-valsartan therapy regimen was associated with greater reductions in NT-proBNP concentrations in patients with HFrEF compared with enalapril.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Does Pre-Existing PH Affect Outcomes in Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair?
- Macitentan Not Superior to Placebo for Improving Exercise Capacity in Eisenmenger Syndrome
- How Has the Medicaid Expansion Affected Patients Hospitalized With Acute MI?
- Occupational Metal, Pesticide Exposure May Be Associated With Increased CVD Risk
- FDA to Review Tafamidis for Treatment of Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy
- ASH Develops Practice Guidelines for Venous Thromboembolism
- Tetralogy of Fallot: Long-Term Outcomes After Surgical Repair
- Stethoscopes in ICU Show High Levels of Bacterial Contamination
- Catheter Ablation Superior to Drug Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation in Heart Failure
- Trends in Endocarditis Incidence After Implementation of 2007 AHA Recommendations
- Active CVD Screening Should Be Conducted in Comorbid COPD, Obesity
- Association Between Statins and Depression Likely Mediated by Confounding
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Tic Disorders Linked to Increased Risk for Cardiometabolic Disease
- Will Free Medical School Tuition Bring More Diversity to Medicine?