Investigators examined whether influenza is an independent risk factor for the development of acute myocardial infarction.
Evidence suggests a possible role for inflammation in the association between MS and myocardial infarction risk.
Lixisenatide reduces progression of urinary albumin-creatinine ratio in patients with macroalbuminuria
A young patient presents with an increased heart rate that skipped a beat, shortness of breath, and tingling and numbness down her right arm.
An overview of cardiac rehabilitation use plus interviews with Monica Mukherjee, MD, MPH, FACC, FASE and with Jonathan Ledyard, MS, RCEP.
In patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes, an early invasive treatment strategy does not significantly reduce mortality rates.
Herpes zoster may be linked to increased cardiovascular events risk.
NSAIDs increase myocardial infarction risk by 20% to 50%.
XyloCor's XC001 is a potential therapy for patients with chronic angina.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Should Guidelines Use Higher Risk Thresholds When Recommending Statins for Primary CVD Prevention?
- Ezetimibe Plus Statins Modestly Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Event Risk
- ACC, AHA Publish Appropriate Use Criteria Guidelines for Peripheral Artery Intervention
- FDA: E-Liquids Found to Contain Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- Ultrasound-Based Visualization of Silent Atherosclerosis May Improve Medication Adherence
- ACC Releases Consensus Decision Pathway for CVD Risk Reduction in T2D and ASCVD
- Childhood Behavioral Interventions May Promote Adult Cardiovascular Health
- US Medical Schools Increase in Diversity After Implementation of Accreditation Standards
- Botox Injections Explored to Reduce Postop AF in Cardiac Surgery
- AHA Scientific Statement: Low Risk of Side Effects With Statins
- Do More Aggressive Periprocedural Antibiotic Regimens Reduce Risk of Device-Related Infections?
- Adherence and Intensity of Lipid-Lowering Therapy Influence CV Risk
- Challenges in Weighing Costs, Therapeutic Benefits of Expensive Pharmaceuticals
- Sustained Systolic Blood Pressure Reductions With Barbershop Intervention
- Stethoscopes in ICU Show High Levels of Bacterial Contamination