Patent foramen ovale closure resulted in a lower recurrence of stroke in patients with cryptogenic stroke and high-risk PFO characteristics.
A low-dose triple combination therapy was found to be effective in achieving rapid blood pressure control in patients with hypertension.
A magnetically levitated centrifugal-flow pump was superior to a mechanical-bearing axial continuous-flow pump in patients with advanced heart failure.
Cocaine and/or marijuana use was present in 10% of patients with myocardial infarction were ≤50 years old.
A recent study evaluated the effects of SGLT-2i and other glucose-lowering drugs on cardiovascular event outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes from 6 countries in 3 world regions.
Patients with gout and cardiovascular disease who were treated with febuxostat had significantly higher all-cause and cardiovascular mortality compared with those treated with allopurinol.
Carvedilol did not prevent reduction in left ventricular ejection fraction in patients with HER2-negative breast cancer, but was linked to lower troponin I levels.
A meta-analysis sought to determine the effect of influenza vaccination on cardiac-related mortality in patients with heart failure.
A Smartwatch band paired with an app records a 30-second single-lead rhythm strip.
Two analyses were conducted, one during the training phase and the second during the validation phase of the study.
Primary prevention with aspirin may reduce all-cause mortality in patients with heart failure and type 2 diabetes.
Researchers found a correlation between larger changes in temperature and increased risk for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Should Guidelines Use Higher Risk Thresholds When Recommending Statins for Primary CVD Prevention?
- Ezetimibe Plus Statins Modestly Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Event Risk
- ACC, AHA Publish Appropriate Use Criteria Guidelines for Peripheral Artery Intervention
- Ultrasound-Based Visualization of Silent Atherosclerosis May Improve Medication Adherence
- FDA: E-Liquids Found to Contain Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil
- ACC Releases Consensus Decision Pathway for CVD Risk Reduction in T2D and ASCVD
- Childhood Behavioral Interventions May Promote Adult Cardiovascular Health
- US Medical Schools Increase in Diversity After Implementation of Accreditation Standards
- Botox Injections Explored to Reduce Postop AF in Cardiac Surgery
- AHA Scientific Statement: Low Risk of Side Effects With Statins
- Follow-Up Within 7 Days of Hospital Discharge for Heart Failure Is Beneficial
- Apixaban Prevents VTE in Patients With Malignancies Initiating Chemotherapy
- 2010 to 2014 Saw Increase in Anemia After Hospitalization
- Do More Aggressive Periprocedural Antibiotic Regimens Reduce Risk of Device-Related Infections?
- Adherence and Intensity of Lipid-Lowering Therapy Influence CV Risk