Risk factors for dementia include midlife vascular risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes and smoking.
B vitamin and folic acid supplementation does not affect fracture risk or bone turnover in women with preexisting CVD.
Two-dimensional and three-dimensional MRI techniques to measure the thoracic aorta and main pulmonary artery are in close agreement.
A new pericardial aortic surgical valve has received US Food and Drug Administration and European Commission approval.
The combination of long-acting β2-agonist (LABA)/ and long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) is linked to a similar or lower risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular adverse events compared to treatment with LABA/inhaled corticosteroid.
The delivery wire component of the Penumbra 3D revascularization device may break or separate during use.
Rescue workers and survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center have an increased risk for heart and lung diseases years later.
Chest computed tomography is increasingly being used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The FDA approved a new pericardial aortic valve for replacement of native or prosthetic valves.
Pulmonary artery to aorta ratio measurement can effectively predict survival in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
One-year mortality is similar for individuals undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) for on-label or off-label indications
Vascular hemodynamic alterations in rheumatoid arthritis have been associated with traditional cardiovascular risk factors and disease characteristics.
Kidney and eye events in type 2 diabetes were reduced with more intensive glucose control.
Chronic kidney increases the risk of mortality in patients with cardiovascular disease.
Dapagliflozin improved endothelial function in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Individuals who had the lowest levels of recommended physical activity had elevated levels of high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T.
Treating patients with Parkinson's disease with levodopa may help decrease central aortic pressure.
Anticoagulation treatment for patients with mechanical heart valves during pregnancy is linked to maternal and fetal risks.
Evacetrapib does not affect the primary efficacy end point of first occurrence of any component of a composite of death from cardiovascular causes in patients with high-risk vascular disease.
Stress microvascular perfusion assessments were found to be highly predictive of cardiovascular outcomes in liver transplant candidates.
Restrictive spirometry pattern and reduced forced vital capacity (FVC) are associated with a higher risk for arterial stiffness regardless of sex.
The AHA's statement focused on the epidemiology, genetics, pathogenesis, and long-term outcomes of Kawasaki disease.
The rate of infective endocarditis is increasing among patients with end-stage renal disease receiving dialysis.
Most hospital readmissions at 30 days or 6 months for critical limb ischemia were unplanned.
Researchers followed participants with no dementia to determine the link between vascular health and amyloid deposits leading to dementia.
Researchers examined a sample of 2485 patients who had early-onset ischemic stroke.
Women with high levels of inflammation who have previously lost a pregnancy may benefit from daily low-dose aspirin.
Glycated hemoglobin and homeostatic model assessment of insulin resistance correlated with progression of carotid femoral pulse wave velocity.
Higher cardiovascular disease risk scores were associated with greater likelihood of having rotator cuff tendinopathy and glenohumeral joint pain.
Higher SYNTAX scores may predict major cardiovascular events in patients with coronary artery disease and diabetes.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Beta-Blockers Reduce CV Mortality in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Timing of BP Measurements in Orthostatic Hypotension Linked to Adverse Effects
- Hypertension, Diabetes in Midlife Increase Risk of Dementia
- Reduced GFR Associated With Increased Atrial Fibrillation Risk
- Spironolactone Oral Suspension Formulation Approved by FDA
- Assessing Chest Pain in ER With Short-term Risk Stratification Tool
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Changes, Challenges, and Clinician Perspectives
- Shortness of Breath and Palpitations After a Funeral: Depression or Something Worse?
- Newly Diagnosed Atrial Fibrillation Benefits From Cardiology Care vs Primary Care
- Noncalcified, High-Risk Coronary Plaque Burden Increased With Psoriasis
- Case Study: Cardiac Manifestations of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolism After Hip, Knee Arthoplasty: Comparing Anticoagulant Efficacy
- Patients Report Breakdowns in Hospital Care
- Evolocumab Added to Statin Therapy Does Not Affect Cognition
- Risk Stratification Using Platelet Aggregation in Stable CAD