Heart transplant disparities have improved since the adoption of the Affordable Care Act; if the law is repealed, experts fear these disparities will return.
Patients undergoing empagliflozin therapy experienced a significant reduction in weight and BMI.
The Advanced Training Statement for advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology consists of 6 general competencies.
LVEF increased from 20% to 24% in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy and from 17% to 27% in patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathy.
Obese patients were at increased risk of death compared with patients of normal weight.
Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, Congenital Heart Disease Patients Have Higher Risks of Death Awaiting Transplantation
Risk of death adjusted hazard ratios by diagnoses relative to dilated cardiomyopathy were 1.70 (restrictive cardiomyopathy), 1.10 (ischemic cardiomyopathy), 1.23 (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), 1.30 (valvular disease) and 1.37 (congenital heart disease).
For patients with mechanical circulatory support, a transplantation risk score can help predict mortality risk.
Basal-to-apical longitudinal strain abnormalities are similar in several types of cardiac amyloidosis.
Developing 3D technology could help surgeons choose donors for pediatric heart transplants.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Beta-Blockers Reduce CV Mortality in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Timing of BP Measurements in Orthostatic Hypotension Linked to Adverse Effects
- Hypertension, Diabetes in Midlife Increase Risk of Dementia
- Reduced GFR Associated With Increased Atrial Fibrillation Risk
- Biomarker-Based Model Predicts Mortalty in Coronary Heart Disease
- Assessing Chest Pain in ER With Short-term Risk Stratification Tool
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Changes, Challenges, and Clinician Perspectives
- Shortness of Breath and Palpitations After a Funeral: Depression or Something Worse?
- Newly Diagnosed Atrial Fibrillation Benefits From Cardiology Care vs Primary Care
- Noncalcified, High-Risk Coronary Plaque Burden Increased With Psoriasis
- Case Study: Cardiac Manifestations of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolism After Hip, Knee Arthoplasty: Comparing Anticoagulant Efficacy
- Patients Report Breakdowns in Hospital Care
- Evolocumab Added to Statin Therapy Does Not Affect Cognition
- Risk Stratification Using Platelet Aggregation in Stable CAD