Heart transplant disparities have improved since the adoption of the Affordable Care Act; if the law is repealed, experts fear these disparities will return.
Compared with age, pulmonary hypertension, right ventricular failure, and cardiopulmonary bypass time may better predict outcomes in heart transplantation.
Patients undergoing empagliflozin therapy experienced a significant reduction in weight and BMI.
The Advanced Training Statement for advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology consists of 6 general competencies.
LVEF increased from 20% to 24% in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy and from 17% to 27% in patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathy.
Obese patients were at increased risk of death compared with patients of normal weight.
Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, Congenital Heart Disease Patients Have Higher Risks of Death Awaiting Transplantation
Risk of death adjusted hazard ratios by diagnoses relative to dilated cardiomyopathy were 1.70 (restrictive cardiomyopathy), 1.10 (ischemic cardiomyopathy), 1.23 (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), 1.30 (valvular disease) and 1.37 (congenital heart disease).
For patients with mechanical circulatory support, a transplantation risk score can help predict mortality risk.
Basal-to-apical longitudinal strain abnormalities are similar in several types of cardiac amyloidosis.
Developing 3D technology could help surgeons choose donors for pediatric heart transplants.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain