A 64-year-old woman who was recently diagnosed with colorectal cancer is brought to the emergency department with substernal chest pain and shortness of breath.
Patients with VTE with moderate to severe thrombocytopenia at baseline were associated with increased risk for major bleeding events and all-cause mortality.
A number of risk factors were associated with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, including, age >70 years, female gender, and pulmonary embolism at first venous thromboembolism.
Patients treated for acute pulmonary embolism with direct oral anticoagulants at doses against manufacturer recommendations had a higher rate of major bleeding events.
The approval of Retacrit was based on a review of evidence that included human pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic data and clinical immunogenicity data which demonstrated a high degree of similarity between Retacrit and its reference product.
Amneal's generic product is available in a 5mg strength tablet supplied in 100-count bottles.
At the end of 6 months, the rate of VTE recurrence was 4% among rivaroxaban patients vs 11% in the dalteparin arm (hazard ratio [HR] 0.43, 95% CI: 0.19 to 0.99).
A protocolized study including initiation of VA-ECMO may reduce mortality in patients with massive PE.
Researchers evaluated the prevalence, risk factors, and effect of venous thromboembolism on survival in systemic sclerosis.
The Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound has endorsed recommendations regarding ultrasound imaging test protocols for patients with suspected deep venous thrombosis.
Complete reversal was seen within 4 hours in the majority of patients, as measured by ecarin clotting time (ECT 82%) or diluted thrombin time (dTT 99%). In addition, there was a low late of thrombotic events and no new safety events were reported.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Class 1 Device Recall: Endologix AFX Device Recalled Due to Type III Endoleaks
- Harvard: Fraudulent Data Found in Publications of Heart Researcher
- Traumatic Life Events May Increase Risk for Atrial Fibrillation in Older Women
- No Differences Between Bivalirudin, UFH Post-PCI After Ticagrelor Pretreatment
- Rivaroxaban Approved to Reduce Risk of Major Cardiovascular Events in CAD, PAD
- Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation May Reduce Statin-Induced Myopathy
- Long-Term Exposure to Elevated BP Associated With AS and AR
- Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in the South Asian Population
- Takotsubo Syndrome Associated With Substantial Morbidity, Mortality
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Metformin May Improve Vascular Health in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- Improved Cardiovascular Event Reporting Needed in Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Psoriasis Associated With Clinical Signs of Accelerated Atherosclerosis
- Can Dermatoscope Magnets Be Used With CV Implanted Electronic Devices?
- The Striking Effects of Diversity in Health Care: Improving Patient Outcomes