The latest in cardiology therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Nebulized glycopyrrolate improves lung function and patient-reported outcomes in patients with moderate to very severe COPD.
Idarucizumab can effectively reverse the anticoagulant effect of dabigatran.
Low-dose levosimendan in addition to standard care did not result in lower 30-day mortality compared with placebo in patients requiring hemodynamic support post-cardiac surgery.
A positive phase 3 study showed that patients treated with LJPC-501 were likely to achieve pre-specified blood pressure targets vs placebo.
Mexiletine significantly reduced life-threatening arrhythmic events in long QT syndrome type 3 patients.
Acute kidney injury occurred in 20.8% of the atorvastatin group and 19.5% of the placebo group, indicating that initiating perioperative statin therapy does not prevent AKI following cardiac surgery.
Researchers found that when oral beta-blockers were administered less than 24 hours after hospital admission, in-hospitality mortality and severe left ventricular dysfunction were both reduced.
N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid use is associated with reduced risk of all-cause mortality and recurrent acute myocardial infarction.
Black patients may be less response to antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors than white patients.
Recent trials have shown that cryoballoon catheter ablation has demonstrated success in treating atrial fibrillation among 74% of patients, presenting an alternative to traditional radiofrequency ablation.
Intended to reduce risk of cardiovascular death and heart failure-related hospitalization, the FDA has approved Entresto.
Self-reported quality-of-movement scores improved among patients who underwent home-based constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) compared with those receiving standard care.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain