Right atrium enlargement may predict the risk for supraventricular arrhythmias in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Women with pulmonary arterial hypertension may have better long-term prognoses compared with men, potentially because of improvements in right ventricular function.
A 3-month risk for a thromboembolic event was assessed using a pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria strategy and compared with a conventional strategy in patients with a low clinical probability of pulmonary embolism.
Acute pulmonary embolism may be managed in an outpatient setting when the patient has a low risk for mortality.
Hypoxemia is associated with reduced survival in patients with idiopathic or heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Peak circulatory may provide reliable prognostic information in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
The 6MWT is a clinically relevant and appropriate target for patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Several drugs may demonstrate different safety profiles and side effects that warrant a change in treatment for individuals with pulmonary hypertension.
To minimize the "learning effect" and improve accuracy, patients with suspected pulmonary hypertension should undergo two 6-minute walk tests.
Researchers discovered an association between global pulmonary vascular remodeling and pulmonary hypertension in patients with heart failure.
In a postmarketing surveillance study, ambrisentan demonstrated tolerability and potential effectiveness for pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment.
A pilot study will assess the effectiveness of milrinone in a small group of infants born with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
Compared with age, pulmonary hypertension, right ventricular failure, and cardiopulmonary bypass time may better predict outcomes in heart transplantation.
Treprostinil, a prostacyclin derivative, used in an implantable delivery system may be an effective treatment alternative for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Researchers examined the effect of riociguat compared with placebo on the REVEAL risk score and long-term outcomes for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
A decrease in baseline estimated glomerular filtration rate in PAH may be a predictor of hospitalization and mortality.
Catheter-directed thrombolysis vs systemic thrombolysis strategies show different risk outcomes for patients with intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism.
Several clinical predictors of pediatric pulmonary embolism have been identified.
Use of riociguat may be considered for severe pulmonary arterial hypertension in pediatric patients.
Evaluating diagnosis and treatment options for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Balloon pulmonary angioplasty may improve hemodynamics in patients with CTEPH.
A 40-year-old woman presents with worsening shortness of breath after being treated with long-acting nifedipine for 2 years.
Exercise intolerance is a hallmark symptom of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension may have an impaired cerebral pressure-flow relationship.
Switching from a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor to riociguat significantly improves pulmonary arterial compliance in patients with PAH.
Pulmonary artery compliance may be an independent predictor of survival and prognosis in patients with pulmonary artery hypertension associated with congenital heart disease.
The diagnostic value of bronchoalveolar lavage in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is evaluated.
Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with the use of methamphetamine is a severe, progressive form of the disease.
Patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia may develop pulmonary hypertension.
Patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension may have higher rates of depression compared to patients with PAH.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain