Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Right atrium enlargement may predict the risk for supraventricular arrhythmias in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Women with pulmonary arterial hypertension may have better long-term prognoses compared with men, potentially because of improvements in right ventricular function.
Hypoxemia is associated with reduced survival in patients with idiopathic or heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Peak circulatory may provide reliable prognostic information in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
The 6MWT is a clinically relevant and appropriate target for patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Monitoring the plasma BNP level in individuals with pulmonary arterial hypertension may aid clinicians in therapeutic decision-making and overall prediction of 5-year survival rate.
In a postmarketing surveillance study, ambrisentan demonstrated tolerability and potential effectiveness for pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment.
Treprostinil, a prostacyclin derivative, used in an implantable delivery system may be an effective treatment alternative for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Researchers examined the effect of riociguat compared with placebo on the REVEAL risk score and long-term outcomes for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
A decrease in baseline estimated glomerular filtration rate in PAH may be a predictor of hospitalization and mortality.
Use of riociguat may be considered for severe pulmonary arterial hypertension in pediatric patients.
Evaluating diagnosis and treatment options for pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Balloon pulmonary angioplasty may improve hemodynamics in patients with CTEPH.
A 40-year-old woman presents with worsening shortness of breath after being treated with long-acting nifedipine for 2 years.
Exercise intolerance is a hallmark symptom of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension may have an impaired cerebral pressure-flow relationship.
Switching from a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor to riociguat significantly improves pulmonary arterial compliance in patients with PAH.
Pulmonary artery compliance may be an independent predictor of survival and prognosis in patients with pulmonary artery hypertension associated with congenital heart disease.
Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with the use of methamphetamine is a severe, progressive form of the disease.
Patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia may develop pulmonary hypertension.
Patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension may have higher rates of depression compared to patients with PAH.
Having at least 2 features of pulmonary veno-occlusive disease is linked to reduced survival rate in patients with SSc and PAH.
Borderline pulmonary hypertension is associated with increased risk of mortality in patients undergoing right heart catheterization.
A case study is of worsening dyspnea in a patient with COPD is presented.
Development of CTEPH is associated with traditional thrombotic risk factors, including thrombophilias and inflammatory processes.
Future clinical trials on pulmonary arterial hypertension should include patients from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
The most common chronic respiratory morbidity affecting preterm neonates is bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Right ventricular base/apex ratio during systole can discriminate between types of pulmonary hypertension.
Bosentan has been approved for use in pediatric pulmonary arterial hypertension in children aged 3 years or older.
Selexipag Associated With Reduced Morbidity, Mortality Risk in Connective Tissue Disease-Associated PAHSeptember 07, 2017
In patients with connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension, selexipag may reduce risk for morbidity and mortality.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain