Latest Opinion Articles
A cardiologist contemplates on the value that preoperative "clearance" brings to patients and their surgeons.
One clinician proposes that pharmaceutical companies turn their attention to developing a compassion pill for physicians.
Data measured by wearable fitness trackers may not be as accurate as possible.
Learn about Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, more commonly known as broken heart syndrome, with D. Douglas Miller, MD.
Katherine A. Roberts, MD, FACE, ECNU, discusses her experience with opting out of Medicare and offers advice to physicians considering doing the same.
Vinod Thourani, MD, of Emory University, offers his insight into various TAVR clinical practices.
While glyburide did not demonstrate efficacy in the primary end point, differences were seen in the amount of midline shift at 3-4 days.
Advisory board member, Ileana L. Piña, MD, shares her perspectives on the current state of heart failure, particularly treatment gaps between the genders.
Stroke is very important medical comorbidity of HIV that should receive more research and clinical focus.
Dr Bairey Merz discusses the current state and future of women's cardiovascular health.
Interventional stroke treatment, including intra-arterial procedures, rapidly evolves as health care providers implement new protocols to ensure more effective treatment.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Beta-Blockers Reduce CV Mortality in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Timing of BP Measurements in Orthostatic Hypotension Linked to Adverse Effects
- Hypertension, Diabetes in Midlife Increase Risk of Dementia
- Reduced GFR Associated With Increased Atrial Fibrillation Risk
- Biomarker-Based Model Predicts Mortalty in Coronary Heart Disease
- Assessing Chest Pain in ER With Short-term Risk Stratification Tool
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Changes, Challenges, and Clinician Perspectives
- Shortness of Breath and Palpitations After a Funeral: Depression or Something Worse?
- Newly Diagnosed Atrial Fibrillation Benefits From Cardiology Care vs Primary Care
- Noncalcified, High-Risk Coronary Plaque Burden Increased With Psoriasis
- Case Study: Cardiac Manifestations of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolism After Hip, Knee Arthoplasty: Comparing Anticoagulant Efficacy
- Patients Report Breakdowns in Hospital Care
- Evolocumab Added to Statin Therapy Does Not Affect Cognition
- Risk Stratification Using Platelet Aggregation in Stable CAD