Latest Opinion Articles
A clinician examines wearable fitness technology's effect on weight loss and other markers of health.
A cardiologist argues tackling the larger problems that plague the US healthcare system before cutting physician salaries.
For patients with cardiovascular disease, natural disasters can pose serious health dangers.
A cardiologist contemplates on the value that preoperative "clearance" brings to patients and their surgeons.
One clinician proposes that pharmaceutical companies turn their attention to developing a compassion pill for physicians.
Data measured by wearable fitness trackers may not be as accurate as possible.
Learn about Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, more commonly known as broken heart syndrome, with D. Douglas Miller, MD.
Katherine A. Roberts, MD, FACE, ECNU, discusses her experience with opting out of Medicare and offers advice to physicians considering doing the same.
Vinod Thourani, MD, of Emory University, offers his insight into various TAVR clinical practices.
While glyburide did not demonstrate efficacy in the primary end point, differences were seen in the amount of midline shift at 3-4 days.
Advisory board member, Ileana L. Piña, MD, shares her perspectives on the current state of heart failure, particularly treatment gaps between the genders.
Stroke is very important medical comorbidity of HIV that should receive more research and clinical focus.
Dr Bairey Merz discusses the current state and future of women's cardiovascular health.
Interventional stroke treatment, including intra-arterial procedures, rapidly evolves as health care providers implement new protocols to ensure more effective treatment.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain