Acute myocardial infarction 30-day mortality was lower during Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics meeting dates.
Cocaine and/or marijuana use was present in 10% of patients with myocardial infarction were ≤50 years old.
A recent study evaluated the effects of SGLT-2i and other glucose-lowering drugs on cardiovascular event outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes from 6 countries in 3 world regions.
Two analyses were conducted, one during the training phase and the second during the validation phase of the study.
Time from first medical contact to primary percutaneous coronary intervention is inversely linked to short-term survival in STEMI.
Waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio increases tied to greater excess risk for myocardial infarction in women than men.
In patients with diabetes who had an acute myocardial infarction, the acute-to-chronic glycemic ratio was a better predictor of mortality compared with baseline glycemia levels.
Treatment with direct oral anticoagulants in addition to antiplatelet therapy appears efficacious for patients with STEMI.
Myocardial infarction and coronary heart disease may be predicted by multibiomarker disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Migraine was associated with elevated risks of myocardial infarction, stroke (ischemic and hemorrhagic), venous thromboembolism, and atrial fibrillation or flutter.
Influenza was associated with an increased risk for myocardial infarction.
Brain dysfunction may occur after acute myocardial infarction and heart failure.
The risk of mortality is increased for certain patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention with incomplete revascularization.
Silent myocardial infarction is associated with an increased long-term risk of heart failure.
One lot of clopidogrel, a platelet inhibitor, has been recalled due to mislabeling.
Medicare expenditure growth is linked to reduced 180-day case fatality in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.
Patients with STEMI perceptions on factors such as speed of transport help evaluate emergency medical service use.
FDA released a safety alert that gout medication shows increased risk for heart-related death.
FDA releases safety alert that biotin can significantly interfere with certain lab tests and cause incorrect results which may go undetected.
Perioperative aspirin seems to be beneficial for patients with prior PCI.
A restrictive threshold for red-cell transfusion is noninferior to a liberal threshold for patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
High-sensitivity cardiac troponin I concentration can identify individuals at low risk of MI or cardiac death in patients with ACS.
Use of transradial access for STEMI percutaneous coronary intervention increased from 2009 to 2015.
Percutaneous coronary intervention of the culprit lesion is associated with better 30-day outcomes than immediate multivessel PCI in patients with patients with multivessel CAD and acute MI.
Patients who received bioresorbable vascular scaffolds had higher rates of device thrombosis and target vessel MI compared with those who received everolimus-eluting stents.
Chewing a loading dose of ticagrelor facilitates better early platelet inhibition for patients with STEMI.
Thirty-seven percent of older nursing home residents do not initiate secondary prevention medications after acute myocardial infarction.
Proton pump inhibitor use is linked to increased risk of first-time ischemic stroke and myocardial infarction.
The American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association have released updated quality and performance measures for STEMI and NSTEMI management.
For patients with CAD, CCTA is associated with reduced incidence of myocardial infarction but no reduction in death or hospitalization.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain