The use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in patients with arthritis may pose a significant cardiovascular risk.
New research suggests that drones can be used to quickly deliver defibrillators in sudden cardiac arrest emergencies.
An increase in systolic blood pressure was found in individuals living in racial segregated neighborhoods.
Highlights from the 2017 American College of Cardiology Scientific Session & Expo.
Restarting oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation after an intracranial hemorrhage may improve outcomes.
Both cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy strategies reduced unncessary angiography rates compared with NICE guidelines.
Overall, 92.7% of patients assigned to alirocumab were able to cut their use of lipoprotein apheresis by at least half.
A "walkability index" was assigned to each neighborhood.
W. Frank Peacock, IV, MD, discusses the risk of major bleeding among patients with atrial fibrillation and diabetes who are receiving rivaroxaban.
A review of the microbes implicated in myocarditis, including parvovirus B19, human herpes 6 virus, coxsackie B virus, Corynebacterium diptheriae, ...
From eating to drinking to being merry, the holiday season poses numerous challenges for people with diabetes.
A round-up of the most viewed articles on Cardiology Advisor in 2016.
Patients with ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder, have an increased of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality.
A step-by-step guide to treating hypercholesterolemia.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Class 1 Device Recall: Endologix AFX Device Recalled Due to Type III Endoleaks
- Harvard: Fraudulent Data Found in Publications of Heart Researcher
- Traumatic Life Events May Increase Risk for Atrial Fibrillation in Older Women
- No Differences Between Bivalirudin, UFH Post-PCI After Ticagrelor Pretreatment
- Rivaroxaban Approved to Reduce Risk of Major Cardiovascular Events in CAD, PAD
- Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation May Reduce Statin-Induced Myopathy
- Long-Term Exposure to Elevated BP Associated With AS and AR
- Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in the South Asian Population
- Takotsubo Syndrome Associated With Substantial Morbidity, Mortality
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Metformin May Improve Vascular Health in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- Improved Cardiovascular Event Reporting Needed in Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Psoriasis Associated With Clinical Signs of Accelerated Atherosclerosis
- Can Dermatoscope Magnets Be Used With CV Implanted Electronic Devices?
- The Striking Effects of Diversity in Health Care: Improving Patient Outcomes