New research suggests that drones can be used to quickly deliver defibrillators in sudden cardiac arrest emergencies.
An increase in systolic blood pressure was found in individuals living in racial segregated neighborhoods.
Highlights from the 2017 American College of Cardiology Scientific Session & Expo.
Restarting oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation after an intracranial hemorrhage may improve outcomes.
Both cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy strategies reduced unncessary angiography rates compared with NICE guidelines.
Overall, 92.7% of patients assigned to alirocumab were able to cut their use of lipoprotein apheresis by at least half.
A "walkability index" was assigned to each neighborhood.
PCSK9 inhibitors are highly effective in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia who cannot tolerate statins, but that effectiveness is costly.
W. Frank Peacock, IV, MD, discusses the risk of major bleeding among patients with atrial fibrillation and diabetes who are receiving rivaroxaban.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Beta-Blockers Reduce CV Mortality in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Timing of BP Measurements in Orthostatic Hypotension Linked to Adverse Effects
- Hypertension, Diabetes in Midlife Increase Risk of Dementia
- Reduced GFR Associated With Increased Atrial Fibrillation Risk
- Biomarker-Based Model Predicts Mortalty in Coronary Heart Disease
- Assessing Chest Pain in ER With Short-term Risk Stratification Tool
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Changes, Challenges, and Clinician Perspectives
- Shortness of Breath and Palpitations After a Funeral: Depression or Something Worse?
- Newly Diagnosed Atrial Fibrillation Benefits From Cardiology Care vs Primary Care
- Noncalcified, High-Risk Coronary Plaque Burden Increased With Psoriasis
- Case Study: Cardiac Manifestations of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolism After Hip, Knee Arthoplasty: Comparing Anticoagulant Efficacy
- Patients Report Breakdowns in Hospital Care
- Evolocumab Added to Statin Therapy Does Not Affect Cognition
- Risk Stratification Using Platelet Aggregation in Stable CAD