Positive Serologic Test for Hepatitis A Virus (HAV)
Hepatitis A virus infection
False-positive serologic test for hepatitis A
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
For acute hepatitis A:
Elevated liver function tests for the aminotransferase
Positive test for anti-HAV IgM
Anti-HAV IgM levels usually remain elevated for 3-6 months.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- The Mounting Evidence Against Electronic Cigarette Use
- Entresto Significantly Improves Physical, Social Activity in Heart Failure Patients
- Nonpsychotic Cannabinoids in Hypertension: Benefits and Harms
- ACC and AHA Release 2018 Quality Measures for Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Unique Vit B3 Formulation May Improve Blood Pressure, CV Health
- AHA: Assessment and Promotion of Physical Activity for CVD Prevention
- Benefits of Targeted Pharmacologic Therapy in PAH and Distal CTEPH
- Transcatheter vs Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in COPD
- Breathing New Life Into COPD and Asthma Therapy With Statins
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap