Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- AHA/ACC: Updated Management Guidelines for Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- American Heart Association Urges Screen Time Limits for Youth
- Patient Connectivity Benefits Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome
- Exercise Benefits for Myocardial Infarction Not Reduced by Traffic Pollutants
- Perspectives on USPSTF Afib Screening Recommendation
- Apixaban Lowers Bleeding Risk in Afib With End-Stage Kidney Disease
- Tricuspid Regurgitation Velocity Unreliable Indicator of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Supplementing Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Therapy With Nutritional Changes
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Concomitant NSAID and Anticoagulant Use May Increase Stroke, Bleeding Risk in Afib
- AHA Issues Scientific Statement on Managing Chagas Cardiomyopathy
- Genetic Screening in Preventive Care: Advances and Challenges
- No Impact on Carotid Artery Intima-Media Thickness Following Cessation of Menopausal Hormone Therapy
- Cardiovascular Event Rates Vary by Kidney Failure Cause
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase T2DM Risk