Altered Urinary pH
Respiratory or metabolic acidosis
Respiratory or metabolic alkalosis Defect in renal tubular secretion and reabsorption
Don't Miss - Dangerous Situations
Severe acidosis or alkalosis could result in a lethal outcome in the short term and should be addressed immediately.
Commonly Encountered Situations
There are many causes of acidosis and alkalosis with altered urinary pH.
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Blood gas testing is valuable in the assessment of respiratory or metabolic acidosis or alkalosis.
Serum or plasma BUN or creatinine for initial assessment of renal function should be ordered.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- The Mounting Evidence Against Electronic Cigarette Use
- Entresto Significantly Improves Physical, Social Activity in Heart Failure Patients
- Nonpsychotic Cannabinoids in Hypertension: Benefits and Harms
- Clinical Case: Pregnant Woman Presents With Worsening Dyspnea
- ACC and AHA Release 2018 Quality Measures for Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Sacubitril/Valsartan vs Enalapril for Physical Activity Improvement in HFrEF
- Improved Outcomes With CABG vs PCI for Diabetes With LV Dysfunction
- Psoriasis Treatment Ixekizumab Safe for Cardiovascular Health
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Cardiovascular Complications of COPD