A patient presents with new-onset joint pain and is discovered to have a cardiac condition.
Patients with stable chest pain who have high-risk plaque as identified by coronary computed tomographic angiography may have a higher risk for MACE.
Guidelines for Point-of-Care Use of Transesophageal Echocardiography in Cardiac Arrest Resuscitation
Transesophageal echocardiography offers many clinical benefits in patients with cardiac arrest compared with transthoracic echocardiography.
When compared with other imaging modalities, positron emission tomography offers the greatest diagnostic accuracy for coronary artery disease.
An enhanced MRI detected myocardial macrophage activity within 2 weeks following an acute myocardial infarction.
Magnetic resonance imaging appears to be safe in patients with implantable cardiac devices and abandoned leads.
Cardiac magnetic resonance was superior to transthoracic echocardiogram in identifying a pathologic substrate in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
The effect of hypoglycemia on functional outcomes after endovascular thrombectomy differs, depending on collateral status.
Both iFR and FFR groups experienced similar rates of composite nonfatal myocardial infarction, unplanned revascularization, or all-cause death within 1 year post-procedure.
Cardiovascular disease risk in type 1 diabetes increased with the development of each additional major ECG abnormality.
High-risk patients experienced the same rate of contrast-induced nepropathy as patients who received usual care when guideline-recommended prophylactic hydration was not utilized, according to researchers.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain