Ileana L. Piña, MD, MPH is the Associate Chief for Academic Affairs at the Montefiore Einstein Center for Heart and Vascular Care in Bronx, New York. Dr Piña is Professor of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology and Population Health. Dr Piña also serves as an advisor/consultant to the FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health. Dr Piña is also a member of Get With the Guidelines Scientific Committee and Heart Failure workgroup. Dr Piña is a national Spokesperson for Go Red for Women, and was on the writing committee of the new American Heart Association Guidelines for the Prevention of Heart Disease.
Elliot Brinton, MD, FAHA, FNLA is the President of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology. Dr Brinton is also the President of the Utah Atherosclerosis Society and Atherometabolism Institute and Director of Atherometabolic Research at the Utah Foundation for Biomedical Research. Dr Brinton has been recognized for his outstanding work in human lipoprotein metabolism research as the co-recipient of the 2012 Robert I. Levy Award from the Kinetics and Metabolism Society.
Vinod Thourani, MD, FACS, FACC is a Professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA. Dr Thourani also serves as Co-Director of the Structural Heart Valve Center of the Emory Heart and Vascular Center and Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Emory University Hospital Midtown. In addition, Dr Thourani serves as the Chair of the Education Committee, Publications Committee, and International Advisory Committee for the American Association for Thoracic Surgery. He is on the Board of Directors for the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery, and the Heart Valve Society. Dr Thourani is most recognized for his research in high-risk and minimally invasive valve surgery and also transcatheter aortic valve replacement, particularly the PARTNER clinical trials.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain