Nonadherence to continuous positive airway pressure treatment is associated with cardiovascular-cause hospital readmission in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
For patients with type 2 diabetes, pioglitazone use may be associated with decreases in both cardiovascular and noncardiovascular mortality.
The FDA recommends that healthcare professionals should be cautious when prescribing clarithromycin to patients with heart disease.
T2D may play a protective role against the development of aortic diseases through structural changes in the aortic wall.
Reproductive factors, including early menarche and menopause, are associated with increased cardiovascular disease risk.
There is an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease among patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, especially those who undergo splenectomy.
Among older adults, lower cardiac index is associated with lower resting cerebral blood flow in the temporal lobes regardless of cardiovascular disease but is not associated with cerebrovascular reactivity.
For patients who have experienced an atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease event, receipt of statins, especially high-intensity statins, is associated with reduced risk of major adverse cardiac events.
Patients treated with zoledronic acid had a higher risk for atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias as well as heart failure vs untreated patients.
Clinical benefit of reduced low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) levels may depend on the corresponding reduction in apolipoprotein B (apoB)-containing lipoprotein particles.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have a significantly higher risk for cardiovascular disease, increasing their risk for morbidity and mortality.
Marijuana increases by 3-fold the risk for hypertension-related mortality.
There is an increased risk of cardiovascular disease for patients diagnosed with sepsis or pneumonia that persists for at least 5 years after infection.
B vitamin and folic acid supplementation does not affect fracture risk or bone turnover in women with preexisting CVD.
Hydroxychloroquine in combination with low-dose asprin was protective against thrombosis in SLE.
An overview of new USPSTF recommendations for behavioral lifestyle counseling for the prevention of cardiovascular disease plus an expert interview.
Transgender adults receiving cross-sex hormone therapy may have altered risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
An electronic messaging intervention is effective for reducing cardiovascular risk for patients with type 2 diabetes.
Rescue workers and survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center have an increased risk for heart and lung diseases years later.
Dietary improvement can increase life span and decrease the risk of death.
Serum Vitamin D levels are related to cholesterol levels and other risk factors for cardiovascular disease in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Vascular hemodynamic alterations in rheumatoid arthritis have been associated with traditional cardiovascular risk factors and disease characteristics.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis and end-stage renal disease have an increased risk for CV-related and all cause mortality.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain