Latest from AHA 2017
Children and young adults with diabetes mellitus have a fivefold increased risk of all-cause mortality and a sevenfold increased risk of sudden cardiac death compared with age-matched individuals without diabetes mellitus.
The American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology have released hypertension guidelines which now classify high blood pressure as ≥130/80 mm Hg.
Intravenous sodium bicarbonate is not superior to intravenous sodium chloride for reducing acute kidney injury during angiography.
For patients who have experienced an atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease event, receipt of statins, especially high-intensity statins, is associated with reduced risk of major adverse cardiac events.
Noninvasive cardiac testing leads to longer length of stay for patients presenting to the emergency department with chest pain.
Heart failure due to methamphetamine use is increasing in prevalence among US veterans.
A restrictive threshold for red-cell transfusion is noninferior to a liberal threshold for patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
High-sensitivity cardiac troponin I concentration can identify individuals at low risk of MI or cardiac death in patients with ACS.
The Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (HRRP) is associated with a reduction in readmissions for patients with heart failure.
A randomized controlled clinical trial examined whether intensive periodontal therapy decreases blood pressure in pre-hypertensive patients.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Class 1 Device Recall: Endologix AFX Device Recalled Due to Type III Endoleaks
- Harvard: Fraudulent Data Found in Publications of Heart Researcher
- Traumatic Life Events May Increase Risk for Atrial Fibrillation in Older Women
- No Differences Between Bivalirudin, UFH Post-PCI After Ticagrelor Pretreatment
- Rivaroxaban Approved to Reduce Risk of Major Cardiovascular Events in CAD, PAD
- Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation May Reduce Statin-Induced Myopathy
- Long-Term Exposure to Elevated BP Associated With AS and AR
- Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in the South Asian Population
- Takotsubo Syndrome Associated With Substantial Morbidity, Mortality
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2D
- Metformin May Improve Vascular Health in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- Improved Cardiovascular Event Reporting Needed in Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Psoriasis Associated With Clinical Signs of Accelerated Atherosclerosis
- Can Dermatoscope Magnets Be Used With CV Implanted Electronic Devices?
- The Striking Effects of Diversity in Health Care: Improving Patient Outcomes