Researchers found a correlation between larger changes in temperature and increased risk for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.
Women have an increased risk of mental stress-induced myocardial ischemia after myocardial infarction.
One lot of clopidogrel, a platelet inhibitor, has been recalled due to mislabeling.
A young patient presents with an increased heart rate that skipped a beat, shortness of breath, and tingling and numbness down her right arm.
An overview of cardiac rehabilitation use plus interviews with Monica Mukherjee, MD, MPH, FACC, FASE and with Jonathan Ledyard, MS, RCEP.
In patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes, an early invasive treatment strategy does not significantly reduce mortality rates.
The HEART Score is a safe risk-stratification tool for chest pain, but it does not seem to do much for reducing hospital utilization and admissions.
Herpes zoster may be linked to increased cardiovascular events risk.
In patients with acute myocardial infarction without heart failure, beta-blockers did not reduce mortality risk at 1 year.
NSAIDs increase myocardial infarction risk by 20% to 50%.
XyloCor's XC001 is a potential therapy for patients with chronic angina.
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain