Latest from ACC 2017
Fasting vs Nonfasting Lipid Values and Cardiovascular Risk: Q&A With Advisory Board Member, Eliot Brinton, MD
Eliot Brinton, MD, FAHA, FNLA, president and director of the Utah Lipid Center, discusses the benefits of fasting lipid profiles in predicting cardiovascular risk.
Highlights from the 2017 American College of Cardiology Scientific Session & Expo.
Both iFR and FFR groups experienced similar rates of composite nonfatal myocardial infarction, unplanned revascularization, or all-cause death within 1 year post-procedure.
Although more women are admitted with Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, more men ultimately die.
Uninterrupted Anticoagulation With Dabigatran Improves Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Outcomes, Expert Q&A
Incidence of major bleeding events was lower with dabigatran vs warfarin in atrial fibrillation ablation.
Researchers found that same-day discharge in PCI for non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes.
A longer wait between administration of antiplatelet therapy and primary percutaneous intervention has been linked to improved coronary reperfusion.
Patients with higher baseline blood pressure had higher 6-month combined cardiovascular disease incidence after adjustments.
Researchers conducted a meta-analysis to compare the safety and efficacy of sotalol vs amiodarone or beta-blockers to prevent supraventricular arrhythmias.
Researchers studied the safety and efficacy of cangrelor in patients receiving unfractionated heparin for PCI.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- FDA Reports Combination Hypertension Treatment Discontinued
- Automated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation Through Smartwatch Technology
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of SGLT-2i vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs in T2D
- Outcomes With Aspirin for Primary Prevention in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes
- Machine Learning Shows Potential in Diagnosing Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Chest Pain
- Digital Adherence Devices: Preventing Strokes in Afib One Reminder at a Time
- Pioglitazone Lowers Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in Diabetes
- Peripheral Artery Disease, DVT Risk May Increase With Varicose Veins
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness May Improve Executive Function in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Preventing Chemotherapy-Related Cardiotoxicity in Breast Cancer
- Patent Foramen Ovale Characteristics May Predict Benefits of PFO Closure
- Low-Dose Triple Combo Therapy Effective in Hypertension
- Blood Pressure, Glucose Levels Worsened From the Great Recession
- Acute MI Hospital Mortality During Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Meeting Dates
- A 64-Year-Old Woman With Colorectal Cancer Presents to ED With Severe Chest Pain