Latest from ACC 2017
Fasting vs Nonfasting Lipid Values and Cardiovascular Risk: Q&A With Advisory Board Member, Eliot Brinton, MD
Eliot Brinton, MD, FAHA, FNLA, president and director of the Utah Lipid Center, discusses the benefits of fasting lipid profiles in predicting cardiovascular risk.
Highlights from the 2017 American College of Cardiology Scientific Session & Expo.
Both iFR and FFR groups experienced similar rates of composite nonfatal myocardial infarction, unplanned revascularization, or all-cause death within 1 year post-procedure.
Although more women are admitted with Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, more men ultimately die.
Uninterrupted Anticoagulation With Dabigatran Improves Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Outcomes, Expert Q&A
Incidence of major bleeding events was lower with dabigatran vs warfarin in atrial fibrillation ablation.
Researchers found that same-day discharge in PCI for non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes.
A longer wait between administration of antiplatelet therapy and primary percutaneous intervention has been linked to improved coronary reperfusion.
Patients with higher baseline blood pressure had higher 6-month combined cardiovascular disease incidence after adjustments.
Researchers conducted a meta-analysis to compare the safety and efficacy of sotalol vs amiodarone or beta-blockers to prevent supraventricular arrhythmias.
Researchers studied the safety and efficacy of cangrelor in patients receiving unfractionated heparin for PCI.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
The Cardiology Advisor Articles
- Beta-Blockers Reduce CV Mortality in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Timing of BP Measurements in Orthostatic Hypotension Linked to Adverse Effects
- Hypertension, Diabetes in Midlife Increase Risk of Dementia
- Reduced GFR Associated With Increased Atrial Fibrillation Risk
- Biomarker-Based Model Predicts Mortalty in Coronary Heart Disease
- Assessing Chest Pain in ER With Short-term Risk Stratification Tool
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Changes, Challenges, and Clinician Perspectives
- Shortness of Breath and Palpitations After a Funeral: Depression or Something Worse?
- Newly Diagnosed Atrial Fibrillation Benefits From Cardiology Care vs Primary Care
- Noncalcified, High-Risk Coronary Plaque Burden Increased With Psoriasis
- Case Study: Cardiac Manifestations of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolism After Hip, Knee Arthoplasty: Comparing Anticoagulant Efficacy
- Patients Report Breakdowns in Hospital Care
- Evolocumab Added to Statin Therapy Does Not Affect Cognition
- Risk Stratification Using Platelet Aggregation in Stable CAD